Learning Fostered Here
Our staff recognizes the need to provide opportunities for students to gain knowledge in various medical fields. Hayward Area Memorial Hospital and Water’s Edge accepts students from accredited schools. The staff is able to share valuable experience and knowledge with students. Previous students have found our staff to be very helpful and great educators.
- The following steps need to be followed and completed prior to you being accepted into our student program.
- Fill in the Student Enrollment Form, found at the bottom of this page. Be sure to have your instructor complete the Instructor Section and make sure to attach your instructor/course curriculum requirements.
- Return the enrollment form as soon as possible to Heidi Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 715-934-4270 (Students are accepted on a first come, first served basis.)
- Include any information from your instructor in regards to our facilities requirements. (i.e. clinical checklists)
- Your accommodation needs for your student experience will be evaluated.
If we are able to meet your student program needs, you will be contacted and asked to submit the following required information a minimum of 10 business days prior to your start date:
- WI Background Check & Copy of Background Check Disclosure Form (dated within the last year)
- State of Residence Background Check & Copy of Background Check Disclosure Form (if you are a resident of a state other than WI)(dated within the last year)
- Proof of recent TB Test (test must be performed within the last 6 months)
- Proof of Influenza Vaccine within the last 12 months
- Copy of Immunization Records (must include proof of two MMRs or positive titers)
- Your records will be reviewed by our staff and you will be notified as to whether or not we are able to accept you as a student in our facility.
- Students are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Schedule Your Student Orientation by calling Heidi Cooper at 715-934-4159 or emailing email@example.com
- Ideally your orientation will take place prior to your first day. If that is not possible, then it must be the first thing you do when you arrive. You should not start in your department prior to orientation.