The Hospital Trails, considered a gem amongst the area trails, are located close to town behind the Hayward Area Memorial Hospital. There are 7.5 miles of trails which are a mix of flat and easy rolling terrain, winding around a lake and through pines and hardwoods. The trails are used for hiking, running, walking and biking. In the winter people enjoy skiing on the classic only ski trail maintained by HASTA (Hayward Area Ski Trails Association.
CAMBA Gateway Trail
The trail system includes the CAMBA Gateway Trail, providing over three miles of mountain bike trails. The trails provide a great experience for beginners and seasoned veterans of mountain biking. The trail is maintained by CAMBA throughout the year, including grooming for fat biking during the winter months.
Parking to access the trail system is located on Hospital Road, about a ¼ mile east of State Hwy. 77.
Hospital Trail Use Request
The Hospital Trails are available to groups and organizations that want to promote activities and events to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of our greater Hayward Lake Region.
Requests should meet the majority of the following to be granted permissions to use the trails:
- Serves our primary market area (Sawyer, Washburn and Douglas counties)
- Aligns with our mission, vision and strategic objectives
- Focuses on improving the health and wellbeing of our community
- Provides positive recognition for HAMHWE
- Supports a local nonprofit organization
Trail Use Requirements for event exceeding 100 participants.
- Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge must be listed on Participant Waiver releasing HAMHWE of Liability.
- Proof of insurance must be provided.
- Submit copy of Participant Waiver and Proof of Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org or Cherie Morgan, Marketing Director, 11040 N State Rd 77, Hayward WI 54843
- Complete and submit the form below.
- You will be contacted after your application and insurance waiver are reviewed.