h2>Making a Difference
Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience. As a volunteer, you will make a positive impact on those you come in contact with. You will also be able to learn new skills and meet a lot of new people. We understand your time is valuable and truly appreciate your interest in sharing your time and talents with our patients, tenants, residents and employees.
- Must be willing to commit to at least one day per week or every other week for a 3-4 hour period.
- Complete a volunteer application, orientation and pass state background check. Application form and relevant paperwork can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Must have a TB skin test done, a Measles/Mumps/Rubella Titer and annual Flu Shot on acceptance of position – courtesy of the Hayward Area Memorial Hospital and Water’s Edge.
- Plan to attend a required in-service training, once a year.
- Abide by all rules and regulations of the organization.
Information Desk – Greet patients and visitors as they enter and depart the Hospital or Water’s Edge. Escort people as needed. Deliver flowers, mail and other items at staff request.
Inpatient Care – Work in the Hospital’s Family kitchen to provide fresh baked cookies, coffee and juice to patients and their families.
Outpatient Care – Escort patients and their families to and from the Outpatient area. Assist the medical staff as requested.
Bistro & Cafeteria – Serve limited breakfast items and coffee in the Cafeteria to staff and visitors during the morning hours and lunch to Bistro visitors.
Physical Therapy – Greet visitors, encourage physical therapy patients as they exercise and transport patients, residents and tenants to and from appointments.
Spiritual Care – Address the spiritual needs of our patients and their families during their hospital stay.
Gift/Coffee Shop – Make and sell coffee, small food and gift items to visitors and staff.
Long Term Care – Deliver resident’s mail, write letters and make room visits. Assist with meal service or activities.
Assisted Living – Assist with meal service and activities for the tenants.
The Volunteer Program of the Hayward Area Memorial Hospital and Water’s Edge accepts youth volunteers age 16 and over. In addition to the regular Volunteer Application, volunteers under the age of 18 also need to complete a Parental/Guardian Consent Form.
New in 2017!
Applicants interested in a health care field can enroll in the Career Explorers Program. The program is a combination of volunteer work and job shadowing.
For more information on volunteer opportunities at Hayward Area Memorial Hospital and Water’s Edge Senior Living Community, please contact Ann Kozak, Community Services Coordinator at 715-934-4323 or firstname.lastname@example.org