Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge is pleased to participate in the DAISY Award program, a national nursing recognition program. The DAISY Award was established as a way to say thank you to nurses everywhere. The award was created in memory of J. Patrick Barnes, a 33-year old who died in a hospital after being diagnosed with the autoimmune disease, ITP (Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura). The family wanted to do something in honor of Pat’s legacy and to acknowledge the best of nursing.
We hope that you experience great care during your stay with us. If so, we strongly encourage you to nominate one of our nurses for The DAISY Award. It is easy to do.
There are three different ways to nominate a nurse
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit www.daisynomination.org/HAMHWE
- click here to print a nomination form (mail to: Hayward Area Memorial Hospital, Attn: Trina Sjostrom, 11040 N State Rd 77, Hayward WI 54843)
Include the following information
- Your Name
- Your phone number
- Name of the Nurse you are nominating (first and last, please. If you don’t know the last name, the first will do.)
- Location where this nurse treated you
- Why you are nominating this nurse. Please tell your story of how this nurse made a difference in your experience with us. Your description of your interaction with this nurse will enhance her/his possibility of receiving The DAISY Award.
DAISY Award Winners
Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge presents two DAISY Awards each year. Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in his/her department and will receive a certificate, a DAISY Award pin, and a hand-carved stone sculpture called ‘A Healer’s Touch’. In addition, everyone in that department will celebrate with cinnamon rolls – a favorite of Patrick’s. Karri
Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge DAISY Award Winners
Elizabeth Stone, RN – Medical Surgical Unit
Andrea Carroll, RN – Water’s Edge Senior Living
Karri LaBarre, RN – Medical Surgical Unit
Dawn Johnson, RN – Infusion & Chemotherapy
Eileen Froemel, RN – Family BirthPlace