Chief Human Resources Officer – MMC
About the Job
Memorial Medical Center is currently seeking a Chief Human Resources Officer to elevate and lead all aspects of organizational effectiveness and human capital management for the organization. This role serves as a key partner to the Chief Executive Officer and will drive transformation across the employee experience through the organization. The ideal candidate will have broad experience beyond Human Resources to include ancillary departments within a hospital environment, such as Employee Health, Employee Education, Food Services and Pastoral Care. We are looking for a hands-on leader with strong executive presence who can quickly gain credibility and influence across the business and our external partners. You will be highly visible across our team and the community in which we operate.
– Participate in the strategic and operational planning processes as a member of the senior leadership team
– Plan, staff and budget all operational areas of responsibility to ensure appropriate execution on business strategy while achieving business objectives in an efficient and effective
– Understand the changing external marketplace and how the organization competes, to develop and implement innovative organizational and talent strategies.
– Serve as a strategic thought partner and advisor to leaders in all areas of HR including employee relations, development, and risk management to create a healthy and safe
– Drive innovative talent assessment, performance management, succession planning, mentoring learning and development programs to best suit leader and employee needs.
– Collaborate with Hayward CHRO to drive efforts across Hayward and Ashland sites to enhance programs in all departments of responsibility
– Direct experience working with labor relations and maintaining strong relationships between the organization and Unions.
– Leverage technology to improve mission critical functions and expand data analytics in tracking and reporting HR metrics to better anticipate future trends and make informed
– Identify and implement team-building and employee development activities that promote highly functioning teams.
– Drive innovative employee health and wellness programs to promote an all-around safe and healthy workforce.
– Bachelor’s Degree required; Master ’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred.
– 8+ years of Human Resources leadership experience preferred
– Healthcare operational background preferred
– Prior experience with working through service growth, understanding outpatient flow and the ability to establish relationships with Medical Staff
– Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment
– Analytical ability necessary to evaluate staff, address and improve clinical issues and devise solutions to complex problems. Create an environment of open dialogue, inquiry and
continuous development by asking for feedback and improving practice
– Maintain regulatory requirements
Benefits and Salary: Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, life insurance, long-term disability, PTO, sick time, EAP, wellness benefits, etc.
As an independent hospital, along with our sister hospital in Hayward, WI, we live our missions to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of our region, including our most important resource—employees.
Not far from Duluth, MN, both campuses reside in the beautiful north woods of Wisconsin where you can balance work and home life by on our beautiful lakes and trails by partaking in personal interests such as biking, cross-country skiing, hiking, fishing, water sports, ATVing, snowmobiling, and much more.Apply Now