Medical Laboratory Technologist
About the Job
Responsible for processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory.
General Lab, Specimen Processing, Hematology/Coagulation, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Serology/Urinalysis
- Maintains and notes all machine maintenance performed, makes minor adjustments to equipment as needed and documents on log sheets. Including checking and recording temperature of refrigerators, incubators, instruments, alarm tests and room temperature.
- Performs proficiency testing in all working areas of lab.
- Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Performs aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Collects correct sample type for test ordered.
- Proficient in blood draw procedures using specialized venous access devices such as safety vacutainer holders, syringes and butterflies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, or chemical, physical or biological science preferred or Associate degree in Laboratory Science or Medical Technology.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician through the American Social of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Shift Time: Nights
Benefits and Salary: Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, life insurance, long-term disability, PTO, sick time, EAP, wellness benefits, etc.
As an independent hospital, we live our mission to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of our region. To improve access to care, we have expanded our local specialty and primary care services in our communities. Not far from Duluth, MN, our campus resides in the beautiful north woods of Wisconsin where you can balance work and home life on our beautiful lakes and trails by partaking in personal interests such as biking, cross-country skiing, hiking, fishing, water sports, ATVing, snowmobiling, and much more.Apply Now