Coronavirus (COVID-19) Screening Available at No Cost
Hayward Area Memorial Hospital is working closely with our community partners in response to coronavirus (COVID-19). Essentia Health is offering free screenings, online or by calling their toll free number if any of the following is true:
• You begin to experience respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
• You have had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or is under investigation for COVID-19, or is ill with respiratory illness.
• You have traveled internationally or been to an affected area in the United States where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring.
In order to protect our community and prevent spread it is important that individuals who believe they may have been infected with coronavirus (COVID-19) use the following process to direct your care. If you are experiencing a medical emergency call 911.
Regardless of where you seek your medical care, Essentia Health is providing free screenings via their toll free phone number 1-833-494-0836 or by E-visits to anyone experiencing symptoms. E-visits via MyHealth, provide 24/7 access to connect to a Essentia Health Care Team without requiring you to leave home.
You may also call your provider if you are concerned about COVID-19 symptoms:
Physicians and advanced practice providers make the decision to test patients for COVID-19 in consultation with local health departments.
In order to protect yourself, the CDC recommends:
• Wash your hands often
• Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Stay home when you are sick
• Put distance between yourself and other people
• Stay home as much as possible
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily