From entry-level to healthcare professional
Enroll in the CMA apprenticeship program!
Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge offers a multi-year Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) apprenticeship program. Completion of this program will make you a skilled healthcare professional in high demand. You’ll leave with real-world knowledge and a prized skill set, ready to work in clinic, emergency, surgical, or long-term care.
What is a CMA?
Certified Medical Assistants play a major role with both the provider and patient. They assist the provider by preparing charts for the day, helping with medication requests, answering messages from patients, giving injections and assisting with minor surgical procedures as well as many other tasks. Certified Medical Assistants welcome patients into the exam room, take their vital signs, health history, and reason for visit. They help the patient prepare for their exam with the provider. CMA’s help patients navigate their healthcare journey.
Job duties could include:
- Preparing patients for examinations
- Give injections and administer medications
- Assist with minor surgical procedures
- Taking medical histories
- Changing wound dressings or removing stitches
- Collecting samples for lab testing and more
- Enrollment in a full-time Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) program
- Tuition, testing and books are paid for by Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge–we cover everything you need except scrubs for the clinical portion.
- Position based in Family Medicine clinic
- Rotations through each Specialty Service
- Rotation through Lab
- Gain experience with billing and registration processes
- 1-year program, 2-year contract after certification. Total commitment is 3 years.
- Full time position eligible for full benefits.
- Shifts times are Monday–Friday. No nights or weekends.
- Great entry-level option! No prior experience necessary besides a BLS certification.
- Perfect for recent grads, or anyone looking for a fresh start
- Courses through ICATAP
- Must pass background screening and be eligible for employment
- Have an active BLS certification