Are you ready for a new career?
Enroll in the CNA Training Program!
Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge offers an accelerated Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training program. With all tuition paid, guaranteed clinical hours, and the added support you need, completion of this course will set you up for success to get a job in the medical field. This program is available to anyone 16 years of age or older.
The training program consists of 75 total hours, with a minimum 16 hours being hands-on, clinical hours. Students of this program must attend all sessions in their entirety and take the skills and written exam to receive their WI Nursing Assistant certification.
- Enrollment in a full-time accelerated CNA program.
- Tuition and books are paid for by Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge–we cover everything you need except scrubs for the clinical portion.
- Class enrollment is planned monthly and limited to 8 individuals per session.
- Classes and clinicals completed at Water’s Edge Senior Living.
- Instruction and testing provided by Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge registered nurses.
- Leave fully prepared to interview and accept a full-or-part-time CNA role upon completion of the program.
- Students must be willing to be tested for COVID-19 on a regular basis if necessary; tests will be provided and paid for by Water’s Edge.
- Wanting to become a CNA and work here? Apply and accept a position prior to the class and we will pay you an hourly wage to take the class!
What is a CNA?
A CNA provides medical and physical care to the residents to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level. While this care is provided under the leadership of a professional nurse, the CNA is the residents’ closest advocate. The CNA promotes the residents’ psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationship building, and works with the team to meet other social service needs of the resident and of the team, always providing support, friendship and kindness.
Upcoming Class Dates and Times:
All classes will run on the below schedule, unless specified from your instructor personally.
December 6–9: 8AM–4:30PM
December 12–16: 8AM–4:30PM
December 19–20: 8AM–4:30PM