Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience. As a volunteer you will have a positive impact on patients, residents, tenants and staff.
Community Services Coordinator
- Willing to commit to at least 5 hours per month
- Abide by COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy and Service Standards
- Complete volunteer application, orientation, health screening and pass a background check.
- Must be age 16 or older. Parent/guardian consent form required for volunteers under that age of 18. Youth Volunteer Parental Consent
- Complete annual in-service training.
- Abide by all rules and regulations of the organization
Activities/visits – Share your time and talents with Water’s Edge residents and tenants. Activities can be whatever you are interested in: music, cards, games, crafts, art, exercise, fishing, reading, decorating, baking, crocheting, knitting, gardening, etc.
Bingo – Help residents who may have physical limitations play bingo.
Bistro – Serve lunch to Water’s Edge visitors.
Cafeteria – Assist with lunch service in the cafeteria.
Cycling without Age – Give Water’s Edge residents and tenants rides in the trishaw or cargo bike (summers only).
Mail Delivery – Deliver mail to resident rooms and apartment mailboxes.
Meal Service – Assist staff with lunch service for tenants or residents of Water’s Edge.
Nourishment Stations – Stock nourishment stations throughout the hospital.
Rehabilitation/Therapy – Greet guests and encourage patients as they exercise. Escort patients to therapy rooms. Prepare therapy rooms as requested by staff.
Spiritual Care – Address the spiritual needs of our patients and their families during their hospital stay.
Welcome Desk – Greet patients and visitors as they enter and depart the Hospital or Water’s Edge. Escort people as needed. Deliver flowers, mail and other items at staff request.