Hayward Area Memorial Hospital does not provide testing for the following:
- Post Exposure Testing
- Travel Purposes
- Symptomatic Patients with mild conditions
o Please utilize any of the options listed below
- Rapid Same Day Pre-operative testing
o Please schedule any pre-operative testing 4-5 days before the planned surgery
Area COVID-19 Testing Locations
Please call ahead to ANY facility before presenting to be tested for COVID-19. Appointments may be required.
Essentia Health (715) 634-5505
Essentia Health E-Visit https://www.essentiahealth.org/services/e-visit/
NorthLakes Community Clinic (715) 634-2541
LCO Clinic (715) 638-5100
Marshfield Clinic (715)634-6520
Walgreens Pharmacy (715) 634-1919
If you feel like you are experiencing a medical emergency call 911.
Symptoms That Qualify For Testing
- new or worsening cough
- sore throat
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- nasal congestion (not related to allergies)
- new or worsening shortness of breath
- muscle aches/myalgia
- change in taste or smell
Possible Exposure That May Qualify For Testing
- Have you had direct contact with a person who has confirmed COVID-19? (ex. hug, kiss, handshake)
- Have you been within 6 feet of a person who has confirmed COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes?
- Have you had contact with the respiratory secretions of a person who has confirmed COVID-19?
(ex. coughed or sneezed on, contact with dirty tissues, sharing a drinking glass, shared food or towels)
- Have you stayed overnight for at least one night in the household of a person with confirmed COVID-19?
- Have you been advised to quarantine?
*This screening process does not replace the need for you to call your clinic, utilize the triage options through your insurance company or go to the emergency room if you need immediate medial attention.*
Visitation Policy – COVID Safety
Hayward Area Memorial Hospital will allow two well visitors per patient in most situations. This includes accompanying patients to appointments and visiting those who have overnight stays. Water’s Edge will continue to allow two well visitors, at a time, per resident or tenant.
Exceptions to the policy include:
- Children under 16 are allowed and may be in addition to the two well visitors.
- In the Emergency Department only one visitor will be allowed in the room at a time.
- No visitors will be allowed in the rooms of COVID positive patients or persons suspected of having COVID, unless the patient is in obstetrics and then one support person is allowed for the entire stay.
- Additional exceptions may be made at the care team’s discretion and for those who are actively dying.
“We know that the visitor restrictions we have had to apply throughout COVID have been difficult for patients and families,” said Luke Beirl, Chief Executive Officer. “Family and visitors play an integral role in patient care and wellbeing. That is why we are happy to begin to allow more people to visit with their loved ones.”
Those wishing to visit family and friends in Water’s Edge must schedule an appointment.
All necessary precautions remain in place for treating COVID patients. Anyone allowed in the facility, must register upon entry, be screened and wear a mask.
“We are prepared to care for you and your loved ones safely,” said Beirl “Please do not delay emergency or preventative care.”