- Lifeline is a personal response system that allows the user to get help with the push of a button, even if they can’t get to a phone.
- The Lifeline program is operated by the Hayward Area Memorial Hospital Auxiliary. The goal is to offer a service that supports being as independent in the home as possible while ensuring the safety of the subscriber along with the peace of mind for their loved ones.
- A waterproof lightweight button is worn by the subscriber. When the button is pressed, the subscriber connects to a 24/7 response center. **NOTE: If the subscriber has the Auto Alert option, you will get an added layer of protection, as your Auto Alert Help Button will automatically place a call for help if a fall is detected and you are unable to push your button.**
- The system has a speakerphone so the monitoring staff can talk to the user without using the phone. A Lifeline response associate will access your profile and assess the situation. The response associate will also contact responders for you, and if necessary, the central dispatch for appropriate emergency personnel. A responder does not need medical training.
- Once appropriate personnel have been contacted, the response associate will follow up to confirm that help has arrived. If the subscriber needed to be transported to the hospital, Lifeline will verify the subscriber’s presence at the medical facility that was indicated on the subscriber’s application.
- Each system has a back-up battery that provides 24 hours of power if the electricity should go out.
- Each month, the user is asked to press the button they wear to make sure that the system is functioning properly and has not become unplugged in the normal activity of a household.
Choosing the correct system:
HomeSafe: This is Lifeline’s standard system in which a push of a button is used to contact the 24/7 response center in order to obtain the appropriate help. It is only meant to work within and near the home. (about 50 yard radius from the system)
HomeSafe with Auto Alert: This system works exactly like the system above, but with an added layer of protection. The button has a mechanism that can detect 95% of falls. If a fall is detected and the button is not pushed within 30 seconds, the button will automatically place a call to the 24/7 response center. This system is also only meant to work within and near the home. (about 50 yard radius from the system)
GoSafe: This system is designed for the active user. It works at home or on the go! It has six locating technologies which makes the GoSafe system reliable in case of an emergency.
Six Locating Technologies
1. Home Communicator
2. Two‐way Voice Communication
3. Assisted GPS
4. Wi‐Fi Location
5. Intelligent Bread Crumbs
6. Audio Beacon
Landline or Wireless:
- A landline system functions through the household telephone jack and requires that the subscriber have an active home phone. Landline systems will not work if the phone is out os service because the system sends a signal through the phone.
- Wireless systems are based of AT&T service towers. It is not guaranteed that service will be accessible in all areas of the house or surrounding area.
Costs & Fees:
- The installation cost for all Lifeline systems is $45.00
|HomeSafe w/Auto Alert||$44.95/monthly||$56.95/monthly|
- Acceptable forms of payment include: checks and auto withdrawal from a checking or savings account.
- Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurance companies do not cover the cost of personal emergency response systems. (i.e. Lifeline)
- The user should fill out the forms located at the bottom of the page. Follow the “Instructions” document in order to complete forms accurately.
- Turn in all completed forms via mail, fax, e-mail, or hand deliver to Hayward Area Memorial Hospital front desk to:
Ann Kozak, Community Services Coordinator
Hayward Area Memorial Hospital
11040 N State Rd 77
Hayward WI 54843
Once all paperwork is received, the Lifeline Coordinator will contact you within two business days to set up an installation date within 7-10 days. Note: Installation may vary depending if requested Lifeline system is in stock or needs to be order.